graphics in postgres?

From
"Ramses van Pinxteren"
Date:
Hi,

I am a very novice user of postres, and I immediately encountered a problem... the datatype BLOB is nowhere to be found in postgres. can I still ad binary info as a gif file to a database, and if so, what datatype should I use?

my thanks,
Ramses v. Pinxteren

Re: graphics in postgres?

From
Gilles DAROLD
Date:
Ramses van Pinxteren wrote:

> Hi, I am a very novice user of postres, and I immediately encountered
> a problem... the datatype BLOB is nowhere to be found in postgres. can
> I still ad binary info as a gif file to a database, and if so, what
> datatype should I use? my thanks,Ramses v. Pinxteren

You can use blob, but this is not a good idea if you want to allow
viewing these gif by Internet.
The better way is to store the path information into a text field. This
will give you better performance

Regards,

Gilles DAROLD