PostgreSQL and Access (via ODBC)

From
Froilan Mendoza
Date:
Hello.

... so I installed the ODBC driver in windows, opened Access, imported
data via ODBC ...

I was able to view the tables and data, but cannot edit/add to the tables.

The read-only option is UNchecked.

According to my postgres logs:

ERROR:  msysconf: Table does not exist.

What table is this?

This error is also seen in my windows logs:

ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  msysconf: Table does not
exist.'

TIA.

---
Froilan C. Mendoza
Tridel Technologies, Inc.
http://www.tridel.net

Re: PostgreSQL and Access (via ODBC)

From
"Sean Weissensee"
Date:
When importing in Access, it would have prompted you to select a unique
ID for each table, did you assign this ?

Sean

Date:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Sean Weissensee wrote:

> When importing in Access, it would have prompted you to select a unique
> ID for each table, did you assign this ?

Im pretty new to this, so please bear with me :)

if unique id ~= create unique index myindex on table (field)

then yes ...

if not, how do you assign a unique id?

TIA again.

---
Froilan C. Mendoza
Tridel Technologies, Inc.
http://www.tridel.net

Re: PostgreSQL and Access (via ODBC)

From
"Sean Weissensee"
Date:
Within Access, click file, get external data, link tables,

choose ODBC, select the postres driver,

select the DSN,

this will bring up a window to select tables from the db,

highlight the tables, click ok,

at this stage if a unique ID was not set in the postgre table a window will
appear to choose a unique id,
if Access does not get this you will not be able to add or update any
records.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Date:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Sean Weissensee wrote:

> at this stage if a unique ID was not set in the postgre table a window will
> appear to choose a unique id,
> if Access does not get this you will not be able to add or update any
> records.
>
> Hope this helps,

A lot.  Thanks. :)

---