images

From
Yves Dorfsman
Date:
Is it possible to save images in postgreSQL ??

If yes, and in the case of a web site using both postgrSQL and mod_perl,
is it preferable (faster) to save images in the database, or to simply
save a reference to the images in the database, but load the image from
the filesystem ???

Yves.
----
Yves Dorfsman                                        dorfsmay@cuug.ab.ca
                                         http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~dorfsmay

Re: images

From
"Zorlac"
Date:
You sure can by using BLOBS.
You can do that by reading the perl module docs for Pg;
Read the section on large objects.

From experience, I would definitely recommend that you store the reference
to the file, like a URL or something. That is defiantly the faster way.
faster. The only thing you run up against in that case is making sure that
your files and db references remain consistent. But that's not too big of a
deal.