Help:How do you find that how much storage is taken by the database??

From
NEERAJ BANSAL
Date:
Hi,

How do you find that how much storage the data in the database or tables
is taking in bytes or any other format???
Is there any command which tells you this???
Please let me know if anyone knows!! Thanks in advance

Neeraj
neeraj_b@hotmail.com

Re: Help:How do you find that how much storage is taken by the database??

From
Ron Peterson
Date:
NEERAJ BANSAL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do you find that how much storage the data in the database or tables
> is taking in bytes or any other format???
> Is there any command which tells you this???

ls -l /usr/local/pgsql/data/base

As a user with access to this directory, of course.  This is assuming
PostgreSQL has been installed in the usual location.

________________________
Ron Peterson
rpeterson@yellowbank.com

Re: Help:How do you find that how much storage is taken by the database??

From
Sevo Stille
Date:
Ron Peterson wrote:

> NEERAJ BANSAL wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do you find that how much storage the data in the database or tables
> > is taking in bytes or any other format???
> > Is there any command which tells you this???
>
> ls -l /usr/local/pgsql/data/base

Which would give you the size of the directories, not the disk usage of
their content. Make that du -sk /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/*

Sevo

--
sevo@ip23.net