textpos() in postgreSQL 7.0

From
"Adam Walczykiewicz"
Date:
Hi
I notice that string function textpos() doesn't exist in postgreSQL 7.0. I have some
plpgsql functions written for 6.5.2 that use textpos() and when I tried to use them
in postgreSQL 7.0 I'v got error. Should I compile postgreSQL 7.0 with more options
than -enable locale ?!!?
Thanks for any help.
Adam

Re: textpos() in postgreSQL 7.0

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> I notice that string function textpos() doesn't exist in postgreSQL
> 7.0.

Sorry about that. We (well, I) remapped it into the SQL92-standard
function "position()". I believe it is mentioned in the release notes,
but maybe not.

One of the joys of a full-up, major release. Hope it doesn't cause too
much trouble for you. btw, textpos() is still a routine in the database
backend, so you could pretty easily create a new catalog entry for it if
it is not feasible to change your app.

                   - Thomas