Multi lingual DB

From
jean-charles savelli
Date:
Hello
I would like to how to incorporate in different tables
different languages with their associated character set
(one language/character set per table):

- netherland
- greek
- hungry
- norwegian
- polish
- russian
- swedish
- turkish

Do I need as many access db as there are character sets ?

Is it also possible to have the column, table names in these languages.

Thankyou

jean-charles savelli
jcs@netexpansion.com

backend clsoed ...?

From
"Sirish Kumar"
Date:
Hello,

I am getting this error very often , I am unable to get the reason. Can
somebody please guide me on this ? And if database is corrupted then how to
recover it ?

        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while pr
ocessing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.
  Terminating.

Regards
SK

Re: [GENERAL] Multi lingual DB

From
"Manuel Lemos"
Date:
Hello jean-charles,

On 25-Jan-00 11:31:54, you wrote:

>Hello
>I would like to how to incorporate in different tables
>different languages with their associated character set
>(one language/character set per table):

>- netherland
>- greek
>- hungry
>- norwegian
>- polish
>- russian
>- swedish
>- turkish

>Do I need as many access db as there are character sets ?

Most of those use the same character set (ISO-Latin-X), so there are less
character sets than you think.

>Is it also possible to have the column, table names in these languages.

I don't think so!  But why do you need different names for the tables.  I
think you should only use one table with a field to specify which language
is used.

If your data is mostly static, I wouldn't use a database at all.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?user=mlemos@acm.org
--
E-mail: mlemos@acm.org
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp