Image data type

From
Barry Baldwin
Date:
Hi there,

I've read the users guide and administrators guide and I don't see any
mention of a data type that would allow you to store image files.
Is there such a data type?  The users guide mentions being able to define
your own types but says that it is discussed elsewhere. If there is
no data type to store images, will there be in the future?

TIA,

Barry

Re: [GENERAL] Image data type

From
Marcin Mazurek - Multinet SA - Poznan
Date:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Barry Baldwin wrote:
> I've read the users guide and administrators guide and I don't see any
> mention of a data type that would allow you to store image files.
> Is there such a data type?  The users guide mentions being able to define
> your own types but says that it is discussed elsewhere. If there is
> no data type to store images, will there be in the future?
You can use large objects, with examples from jdbc driver I manage to do
some banner system with images stored in postgres.

mazek