HELP, receiving error-message

From
"J. Roeleveld"
Date:
Hi,

I've recently started getting the following error-message:

ERROR:  out of free buffers: time to abort !

Haven't seen this come before, and have no idea what is causing it,
please help.....

Joost Roeleveld

ps. this also comes when I move back to an older version of the database I'm
currently
     developing.... (didn't have it before...)

Re: HELP, receiving error-message

From
"J. Roeleveld"
Date:
Hi,

I've recently started getting the following error-message:

ERROR:  out of free buffers: time to abort !

Haven't seen this come before, and have no idea what is causing it,
please help.....

Joost Roeleveld

ps. this also comes when I move back to an older version of the database I'm
currently developing.... (didn't have it before...)

HELP, receiving error-message (follow-up)

From
"J. Roeleveld"
Date:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently started getting the following error-message:
>
> ERROR:  out of free buffers: time to abort !
>
> Haven't seen this come before, and have no idea what is causing it,
> please help.....
>
> Joost Roeleveld
>
> ps. this also comes when I move back to an older version of the database
I'm
> currently developing.... (didn't have it before...)

Just restarted the Backend, it seems to have solved the problem, but I still
have
no idea what caused this.

It even affected the production database......

Joost Roeleveld

Re: [GENERAL] Re: HELP, receiving error-message

From
Ed Loehr
Date:
"J. Roeleveld" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently started getting the following error-message:
>
> ERROR:  out of free buffers: time to abort !

This problem disappears for me when I up the number of shared mem buffers with
the -B flag from default of 64 to 256.  I don't understand how to calculate the
optimal setting...

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ed Loehr