Upper/lower case passwords

From
Mark Jewiss
Date:
Hello,

I've come across this in the past day or so, is anyone else aware of the
issue?

(I've looked over the list archives, the feature list and todo list, with
no joy).

When creating a user with a password, the password is always converted to
it's lower case equivalent - no upper case characters are allowed. Enter a
password with upper case characters in it, and if you try to connect with
that it will fail - you need to use all lower case.

I'm going to look at the source code to try and resolve this, but before I
do, has anyone found the problem and solved it yet?

I'm using Postgresql 6.5.0 on OpenBSD 6.5

Regards,

Mark.
--
Mark Jewiss
Knowledge Matters Limited

Re: [GENERAL] Upper/lower case passwords

Date:
> Hello,
>
> I've come across this in the past day or so, is anyone else aware of the
> issue?
>
> (I've looked over the list archives, the feature list and todo list, with
> no joy).
>
> When creating a user with a password, the password is always converted to
> it's lower case equivalent - no upper case characters are allowed. Enter a
> password with upper case characters in it, and if you try to connect with
> that it will fail - you need to use all lower case.
>
> I'm going to look at the source code to try and resolve this, but before I
> do, has anyone found the problem and solved it yet?

Put double-quotes around the password when you create it.