PG_VERSION Problem Running 6.5 but showing 6.4

From
"Bruce, Chris A (Chris)** CTR **"
Date:
I have seen similar problems in the archive, however nothing that can answer
my problem.
  I have completely removed all previous installs of Postgresql.
  I have kill the postmaster process.
  I have downloaded 6.5.2 the src.
  I have compiled and installed it under RH Linux 6.0

The problem is that after running initdb the PG_VERSION file is showing 6.4
and the postmaster is trying to open 6.5.  So it is not working.  Is there
some files that I missed when removing?  I removed the following
/usr/local/pgsql/
/usr/bin/postmaster/

I have recompiled and installed several times and still has the same
problem.

I had 6.5 install previously and it was working except that I could not view
the tables by running "\d *". It seemed as if my pg_users did not exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris Bruce
_chrisbruce@lucent.com_

Re: [GENERAL] PG_VERSION Problem Running 6.5 but showing 6.4

From
Herouth Maoz
Date:
At 18:28 +0200 on 19/10/1999, Bruce, Chris A (Chris)** CTR ** wrote:

> Is there
> some files that I missed when removing?  I removed the following
> /usr/local/pgsql/
> /usr/bin/postmaster/

If your postmaster was in /usr/bin, your initdb is probably there, too,
along with the rest of the postgres executables. You have to remove all of
them (from the old version, that is), as well as the old libraries.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma