jdbc problem

From
soundar rajan
Date:
Hi,

I am using postgresql under linux.  Now that I need to
build up the jdbc driver for postgresql, when I make
under the directory /src/interfaces/jdbc.. I get an
error stating '(u' unexpected syntax...

The version returned by the make is 1.0b4.  The
makeVersion.java file returns jdbc0 as the output and
so, the postgresql.jar file is not been created.

How do I go about this?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks.
Soundar.

Re: [GENERAL] jdbc problem

From
Jim Richards
Date:
>I am using postgresql under linux.  Now that I need to
>build up the jdbc driver for postgresql, when I make
>under the directory /src/interfaces/jdbc.. I get an
>error stating '(u' unexpected syntax...
>
>The version returned by the make is 1.0b4.  The
>makeVersion.java file returns jdbc0 as the output and
>so, the postgresql.jar file is not been created.

run

    make jdbc1

for the version 1 driver (jdk 1.1) and

    make jdbc2

for the version 2 driver (java2) ...

then for each build, run

     jar -cf postgresql.jar `find postgresql -name "*.class" -print`

to make the jar file.

--
Subvert the dominant paradigm
 http://www.cyber4.org/members/grumpy/index.html