Is the data type decimal() still a valid type?

From
"Robert Chalmers"
Date:
Hi,
I see from the user manual pages, that in data types, the type DECIMAL() is
not listed, yet it still works.  Is this type supported still or is it being
slowly dropped?

I can do a "create table c1 (pid decimal(3,2) NOT NULL); and it works fine,
but I can find no reference to the DECIMAL type in the docs?

Should I use Float4 instead?

Thanks
Robert

---
http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au - Where Only The Dedicated Survive!
4QIR Quantum Radio. Bringing you the original sounds of AFVN,
and Radio-DJ[AFVT], with some of the original DJ's - back on air.

Re: [GENERAL] Is the data type decimal() still a valid type?

Date:
> Hi,
> I see from the user manual pages, that in data types, the type DECIMAL() is
> not listed, yet it still works.  Is this type supported still or is it being
> slowly dropped?
>
> I can do a "create table c1 (pid decimal(3,2) NOT NULL); and it works fine,
> but I can find no reference to the DECIMAL type in the docs?
>
> Should I use Float4 instead?

Decimal is a new feature.  Use it.  It is great.  Also, tell us where it
is missing, and we will add it.  DECIMAL the same a NUMERIC.