Many BLOb;s

From
"Nikolay Mijaylov"
Date:
Hi all,

currently I have project that i;ll use Postgre table with up to 100 000 (or
more) records, and every record will contain BLOb (Postgre type "oid").
Every BLOb will be different kind of document, from plain text to GIF or
JPEG image or some other binary data (MsWord, WP, EXE files etc...)

Is there something risk when I do this? I mean many databases do not support
BLOb;s too good?

nmmm

Re: [GENERAL] Many BLOb;s

From
Zakkr

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Nikolay Mijaylov wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> currently I have project that i;ll use Postgre table with up to 100 000 (or
> more) records, and every record will contain BLOb (Postgre type "oid").
> Every BLOb will be different kind of document, from plain text to GIF or
> JPEG image or some other binary data (MsWord, WP, EXE files etc...)
>
> Is there something risk when I do this? I mean many databases do not support
> BLOb;s too good?

 Do you want indexing/search in EXE/WP/M$ files? (Probably no..)

 We have in PostgreSQL large object (lo) API for big and "non-scanning" data.
See the tutorial for more information.

                            Zakkr