query involving dates

From
"Alvin"
Date:
Hi,
    I need to query some records based on fields of type date, however, it
seems that every dbms' date format is different. In access, you use
#1/1/99#. In oracle, you need to use Jan-1-99. Is there a standard format
for dealing with dates?

I have a set of records with a column called "myDate".
I'm looking for a query that tells the DB to return all records with
"myDate" within 7 days from today. How can I do that? Thank you very much.
Please reply to twong@cmpmail.com.

-Al

Re: query involving dates

From
"Bob Pfeiff"
Date:
Dates must be enclosed in single quotes in SQL Server.  Use date functions
to build queries like the one you describe.  Here is an example that works
in the pubs sample database:

select
 ord_date
from
 sales
where
 ord_date between '9/13/94' and dateadd(dd, 7, '9/13/94')

--
Bob Pfeiff
MCDBA, MCSD, MCSE, MCT, SQL Server MVP

RE: query involving dates

From
"Erick Gonzales"
Date:
And.... use the "convert" function, for example:

convert(char(10),datevar,105) , u will have dd-mm-yyyy ... or use the format
u want to..

Bob Pfeiff <bobp@spectrumtech.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias
O7IFj#$9#GA.270@cppssbbsa04...