PostgreSQL table data structure generator...

From
Marzullo Laurent
Date:
Hello again,

I propose myself for developping a prog to generate C Source
code for table structure for a Postgres Table.

If someone have something to say about it (features wanted, new
langage, etc) (s)he's welcome. And if someone have already done
it, please stop me now.

Aim of the project:

  Generate C/C++ Data structure for a set of table from a PostgreSQL dB.
  The C data structure will be :
    Struct or Class containing all the column of the table.

--
+----------------------------------+
| Marzullo Laurent                 |

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL table data structure generator...

From
Howie
Date:
On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Marzullo Laurent wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I propose myself for developping a prog to generate C Source
> code for table structure for a Postgres Table.
>
> If someone have something to say about it (features wanted, new
> langage, etc) (s)he's welcome. And if someone have already done
> it, please stop me now.
>
> Aim of the project:
>
>   Generate C/C++ Data structure for a set of table from a PostgreSQL dB.
>   The C data structure will be :
>     Struct or Class containing all the column of the table.

or you could use GNUstep's ( http://www.gnustep.org ) database library (
aka Enterprise Objects Framework 1.x ), which provides an OO
wrapper for database independent stuff.  you dont have to deal with SQL;
you deal with the objects.

quite nice.  NeXT ( now Apple ) has been doing that for quite some time
now.

---
Howie <caffeine@toodarkpark.org>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL table data structure generator...

From
Teodor Cimpoesu
Date:
> or you could use GNUstep's ( http://www.gnustep.org ) database library (
> aka Enterprise Objects Framework 1.x ), which provides an OO
> wrapper for database independent stuff.  you dont have to deal with SQL;
> you deal with the objects.

been there, but couldn't find that Enerprise Objects Framework. I am
really interested
could you point out a more accurate URI? tia

--
CIMPOESU Teodor, Web Programmer

@ DIGICOM S.A. Bucharest, Romania
@ Internet, site development