Slashdot...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
Does anyone know what you have to do to get anything on slashdot?  When
v6.5 and v6.5.1 was released, I posted something to Slashdot announcing
it, especially considering that the new MVCC code added by Vadim...

I just did a look around Slashdot, and the newest thing is a notice about
v6.3, which was slow, featureless and buggy...

IMHO, the MVCC was a substantial enough improvement over previous releases
to be warranted as "news", but...*shrug*

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [GENERAL] Slashdot...

From
Michael Simms

> Does anyone know what you have to do to get anything on slashdot?  When
> v6.5 and v6.5.1 was released, I posted something to Slashdot announcing
> it, especially considering that the new MVCC code added by Vadim...

To get anything on /. you need to have a very big stick and live close
to rob so when he doesnt get round to posting information, you can
beat him with it.
If you dont live close to him, then the chances are about one in a
billion it will get posted. You could always email linus and get him
to mail rob, that will do it too {:-)

                    ~M