Anyone know what this ERROR means???

From
"Jonny Hinojosa"
Date:
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on sparc-sun-solaris2.6, compiled by gcc 2.8.1]

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: cdmwhere

cdmwhere=> \d
ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
cdmwhere=>

Jonny

Linux + PostgreSQL stats?

From
Clark Evans
Date:
Hello all.  Microsoft just posted a rather cutting article
describing NT vs Linux performance.  Is there a way
we could fill in the TPC-C statistics?

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/news/msnw/nt4vLinux.asp

Clark

Re: [GENERAL] Anyone know what this ERROR means???

From
"Patrick Welche"
Date:
Jonny Hinojosa wrote:

> [PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on sparc-sun-solaris2.6, compiled by gcc 2.8.1]
> cdmwhere=> \d
> ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
> cdmwhere=>

I had that when I forgot to initdb after building and installing new
binaries, so "initdb" might help..

Cheers,

Patrick

Re: [GENERAL] Linux + PostgreSQL stats?

Date:
> Hello all.  Microsoft just posted a rather cutting article
> describing NT vs Linux performance.  Is there a way
> we could fill in the TPC-C statistics?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/news/msnw/nt4vLinux.asp

I got this off Linux Gazette:

    http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue41/raymond.html

Interesting, especially after reading the MS page.  MS must be scared to
start this stuff.