column name length

From
Rostislav Matl
Date:
I'm not sure if column name length limit is 16 or 32,
can somebody tell me ?

|  ROSTISLAV MATL, student of Masaryk University - Faculty of Informatics     |
|  e-mail: xmatl@fi.muni.cz      WWW: http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xmatl/index.html |
|  ICQ#: 17058749                                                             |

Re: [GENERAL] column name length

From
Aleksey Dashevsky
Date:
Neither 16, nor 32, but 31 !
This is also true for table name.

Al.

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Rostislav Matl wrote:

> I'm not sure if column name length limit is 16 or 32,
> can somebody tell me ?
>
> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |  ROSTISLAV MATL, student of Masaryk University - Faculty of Informatics     |
> |  e-mail: xmatl@fi.muni.cz      WWW: http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xmatl/index.html |
> |  ICQ#: 17058749                                                             |

Export DB

From
Javier Polo
Date:
The storage format of the databases change when I change the architecture?

I had postgres in my alpha computer, but now I have a sparc computer and I
compiled postgres again,  but I can't read my old databases.

How can I do, for not lost all the information?