\dt Error

From
cn.liu@tpe.panmail.com
Date:
Hi!

My previous PostgreSQL 6.3.2 (without --with-mb=EUC_TW in configure) worked fine except Chinese characters did not
displaycorrectly in Delphi 3.

Problem happens after I recompile PostgreSQL by adding --with-mb=EUC_TW
%configure --with-mb=EUC_TW
%make all
%make install

After everything is installed, both \z and \dt commands to psql always get error message:

ERROR:   pg_user: Table does not exist.

The database do have tables because I created table "MyTable" and psql correctly lists column names in responds to
command

\d MyTable

Is --with-mb=EUC_TW creating the problem or something else is causing me troubles?

Best Regards,

CN liu
(mailto:cn.liu@tpe.panmail.com)

Re: [GENERAL] \dt Error

Date:
> Hi!
>
> My previous PostgreSQL 6.3.2 (without --with-mb=EUC_TW in configure) worked fine except Chinese characters did not
displaycorrectly in Delphi 3.

> Problem happens after I recompile PostgreSQL by adding --with-mb=EUC_TW
> %configure --with-mb=EUC_TW
> %make all
> %make install
>
> After everything is installed, both \z and \dt commands to psql always get error message:
>
> ERROR:   pg_user: Table does not exist.

This indicates that the view pg_user was not properly created by initdb,
and hence, \z and \dt do not work.  Look at the initdb script, and try
and figure out why it is failing.  Perhaps create the view by hand and
see what error you get.