JDBC drivers

From
Jaosn Tan
Date:
Hi Folks,

Can any one tell me wehre I cna find the Postgres JDBC drivers please?

Everything I find seems to eventually lead to
http://www.retep.org.uk/java, which appears to be broken. Or at least no
longer there.

Thanks in advance
Jason Tan

Re: [GENERAL] JDBC drivers

From
Joao Paulo Felix
Jaosn Tan wrote:

> Can any one tell me wehre I cna find the Postgres JDBC drivers please?

Hey Jaosn you can try the following:

http://www.hottub.org/~adrian/Java/

http://www.demon.co.uk/finder/postgres/index.html

and

ftp://ftp.ai.mit.edu/people/rst/rst-jdbc.tar.gz

Good luck,

JP

Re: [GENERAL] JDBC drivers

From
Peter Mount
Date:
On Thu, 28 May 1998, Jaosn Tan wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Can any one tell me wehre I cna find the Postgres JDBC drivers please?
>
> Everything I find seems to eventually lead to
> http://www.retep.org.uk/java, which appears to be broken. Or at least no
> longer there.

That link is being setup this weekend, but it actually won't have the
postgres stuff. Like my old site, it's going to be under postgres, ie:

http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/index.html

with a small faq on:

http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/faq.html

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [GENERAL] JDBC drivers

From
Peter Mount
Date:
On Thu, 28 May 1998, Joao Paulo Felix wrote:

> http://www.demon.co.uk/finder/postgres/index.html

This one will be closing soon. It's replaced by:
http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/index.html

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
************ Someday I may rebuild this signature completely ;-) ************
Work Homepage: http://www.maidstone.gov.uk Work EMail: peter@maidstone.gov.uk

JDBC Drivers + Postgres 6.3.2

From
PostreSQL Server
Date:
If anybody can help me i would appreciate it:

OS: HP-UX
java.version: Pre-release(2) HP-UX Java 1.1.2

my driver loads correctly but when i try to make a connection to the
database, i get a NullPointerException.

here's the code:
    public String driverName = "postgresql.Driver";
    public String url = "jdbc:postgresql://hostname:5432/commanddb?
        user=*&password=*";
     Connection db;

public connect() throws SQLException,ClassNotFoundException
{
          Class.forName(driverName);
          println("Driver class loaded.");
          db = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
          .... it fails here.

the postmaster is running and on the right port.  The database commanddb
exists and has test data.

when the app is run, the debug output from the postmaster is:

postmaster: ServerLoop:         handling reading 6
postmaster: ServerLoop:         handling reading 6
postmaster: ServerLoop:         handling reading 6

any ideas??

Re: [GENERAL] JDBC Drivers + Postgres 6.3.2

From
Peter Mount
Date:
On Fri, 29 May 1998, PostreSQL Server wrote:

> If anybody can help me i would appreciate it:
>
> OS: HP-UX
> java.version: Pre-release(2) HP-UX Java 1.1.2
>
> my driver loads correctly but when i try to make a connection to the
> database, i get a NullPointerException.

This problem does pop up now and then. I'll check the current source and
I'll get back to you.

NB: I've only tested the driver with 1.1.3 & 1.1.5, so I'm not sure if
there are any problems with 1.1.2.