Mirror Sites...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
Hi...

    In order to try and improve things, especially for those overseas,
I'm looking for anyone willing to provide a mirror of the WWW or FTP
servers...

    We currently have ~7 WWW mirror sites, spread as:

        1 - Germany
        1 - United Kingdom
        1 - Israel
        1 - Sweden
        1 - Poland
        1 - Philippines
        1 - Spain

    And we have quite a few FTP mirror sites all over the place.

    If anyone out there is interested in providing either/or mirrors,
please contact me directly and we'll get you setup...

Re: [GENERAL] Mirror Sites...

From
Herouth Maoz
Date:
At 17:05 +0300 on 26/5/98, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>     We currently have ~7 WWW mirror sites, spread as:
>
>         1 - Germany
>         1 - United Kingdom
>         1 - Israel
>         1 - Sweden
>         1 - Poland
>         1 - Philippines
>         1 - Spain

Hey, how long have these been on? Suddenly, www.postgresql.org throws me
right out to the Israeli mirror.

I really hate it when people are forcing me to change site. Too frequently,
mirror sites are down, or the mirror software doesn't work, or their
network is unreachable for unfathomable reasons of topology. And then I'm
stumped - I can't reach the original site, and I can't reach the mirror,
and the addresses of the other mirrors are, generally, in the site - which
I can't reach.

By the way, the mirror doesn't reflect vampires... I mean CGIs... so I
suggest that all links in the site, which link to a cgi-bin address, become
absolute rather than relative.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.