Makefile patches in contrib directory for 6.3.2.

From
Jun Kuwamura
Date:
I'm contributing PostgreSQL package for Japanese Linux distribution
which consists of two archives.  One is main package and another
contains examples such as in contrib, test and tutorial directories.

When I tried to make under contrib directory, I felt difficulty to work
under each subdirectory.  So I made a patch to install *.so objs in
$PGLIB/modules directory.  In this time, I found the problem when
regression testing with recompiled refint.so which needs some
compile flag to be vurbos for the test.  This time I added Makefile
and README file in contrib directory as the followings.

  This directory contains the contribution functions or tools with
PostgreSQL-6.3.2.

Warning:
  Please check the source codes befor you do the following installations
and using them as your own risk.

Contents:

 - contrib -|
            |- apache_logging -
        |   Getting Apache to log to PostgreSQL
        |       by Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>
            |- array -
        |   Array iterator functions
        |       by Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it>
            |- datetime -
        |   Date & time functions
        |       by Sergio Lenzi <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
            |- int8 -
        |   64-bit integer arithmetic for Postgres
        |       by Thomas G. Lockhart <Thomas.Lockhart@jpl.nasa.gov>
            |- ip_and_mac -
        |   PostgreSQL type extensions for IP and MAC addresses
        |       by Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
            |- linux -
        |   Start postgres back end system
        |       by Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu>
            |- miscutil -
        |   Postgres assert checking and various utility functions
        |       by Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it>
            |- pginterface -
        |   A crude C/4GL
        |       by Bruce Momjian <root@candle.pha.pa.us>
            |- sequence -
        |   Set a new sequence value
        |       by Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it>
            |- soundex -
        |   Prototype for soundex function
            |- spi -
        |   A general trigger function autoinc() and so on.
            |- string -
        |   New input/output conversion routines for strings
        |       by Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it>
            |- unixdate -
        |   Conversions from integer to datetime
        |       by Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu>
            |- userlock -
        |   User locks
        |       by Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it>

How to install:

  After patched this directory,

        % zcat 6.3.2_contrib_Makefiles.patch.gz | patch -p1

the C function modules will be installed into $(LIBDIR)/modules/ with
the following command execution.

    % make clean
    % make
    % make install

  You have to do manualy execute sql commands and make entries of functions
after you installed the modules if you want to use them.

    % cd [module source dir.]
        % psql -e [database name] < [file name].sql

 Jun Kuwamura
rC Cm    Research Center of Computational Mechanics, Inc.
  ^        E-Mail: juk@rccm.co.jp
  ~

Attachment