Apostrophes et al in a files with text attribute

From
The Web Administrator
Date:
I have passed text via a Perl CGI to my database, and tried storing text

into a field with the text attribute.  Only problem is if there is an
apostrophe in the string as in the word "can't"
it will not INSERT.... hmm... isn't "isn't" text?

hehehe.. anyways, what is the usual work around?

Re: [GENERAL] Apostrophes et al in a files with text attribute

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Fri, 15 May 1998, The Web Administrator wrote:

> I have passed text via a Perl CGI to my database, and tried storing text
>
> into a field with the text attribute.  Only problem is if there is an
> apostrophe in the string as in the word "can't"
> it will not INSERT.... hmm... isn't "isn't" text?
>
> hehehe.. anyways, what is the usual work around?

escape it with a \ and it will work...