Foreign Table docs are way to brief.

From
mark0978@gmail.com
Date:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-dropforeigntable.html

I see DROP FOREIGN TABLE and wonder if it actually deletes data like DROP
TABLE would do.

What does it mean to CREATE FOREIGN TABLE?  Is it just a mapping onto
external data, or am I creating a table in the other database.

Too few words given over to helping me understand what FOREIGN brings to the
table in all these commands.

Re: Foreign Table docs are way to brief.

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 11:22 AM,  <mark0978@gmail.com> wrote:
> Too few words given over to helping me understand what FOREIGN brings to the
> table in all these commands.

Patches for improvements are welcome if you think that's worth it. Now
there is this bit in the documentation that explains the concept of
foreign objects, so it is not like there is nothing on the matter:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/ddl-foreign-data.html
--
Michael