Might be worth mentioning that temp_tablespaces can contain duplicate values

From
alecz@berkeley.edu
Date:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-config-client.html

The section on temp_tablespaces is here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-config-client.html

I've tried setting temp_tablespaces with duplicate entries and have found
that it keeps those duplicates, making that entry used more frequently. This
is useful if the user wants to use one tablespace more frequently than
others. Example: "tablespace1, tablespace1, tablespace2" It'll pick
tablespace1 about 2X as often as tablespace2.

Support for duplicate values isn't explicitly mentioned in the
documentation, but I inferred it from the wording about the parameter being
a "list." But I had to go test to make sure it would work as I thought.

Re: Might be worth mentioning that temp_tablespaces can contain duplicate values

From
Peter Eisentraut
> The section on temp_tablespaces is here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-config-client.html
>
> I've tried setting temp_tablespaces with duplicate entries and have found
> that it keeps those duplicates, making that entry used more frequently. This
> is useful if the user wants to use one tablespace more frequently than
> others. Example: "tablespace1, tablespace1, tablespace2" It'll pick
> tablespace1 about 2X as often as tablespace2.
>
> Support for duplicate values isn't explicitly mentioned in the
> documentation, but I inferred it from the wording about the parameter being
> a "list." But I had to go test to make sure it would work as I thought.

Anyone have concerns about explicitly documenting this behavior?  Seems
possibly useful to me.