ALTER TABLE documentation nitpick

From
Amit Langote
Date:
Hi,

ALTER TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] [ ONLY ] name [ * ]
    action [, ... ]

Why the description of [ IF EXISTS ] part above is listed with that of
actions; it seems to give an impression that it is one of the ALTER
TABLE actions. I think it should be one of the lines in the paragraph
just above where the description of actions begins.

I propose to change is it like attached.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment

Re: ALTER TABLE documentation nitpick

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 4/9/15 10:20 PM, Amit Langote wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ALTER TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] [ ONLY ] name [ * ]
>     action [, ... ]
>
> Why the description of [ IF EXISTS ] part above is listed with that of
> actions; it seems to give an impression that it is one of the ALTER
> TABLE actions. I think it should be one of the lines in the paragraph
> just above where the description of actions begins.

If moved it to the Parameters section, which is where it is on other
reference pages.