Capitalization of 'TimeZone' GUC

From
Josh Kupershmidt
Date:
Hi all,

I noticed that the 'TimeZone' GUC is displayed in all-lowercase at:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/runtime-config-client.html

when it should be camel-cased like 'DateStyle' and 'IntervalStyle'
above it, since that is how the GUC is displayed to users, e.g. as the
column name for 'SHOW timezone;'

Small patch attached.

Josh

Attachment

Re: Capitalization of 'TimeZone' GUC

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On fre, 2012-05-04 at 17:37 -0700, Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that the 'TimeZone' GUC is displayed in all-lowercase at:
>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/runtime-config-client.html
>
> when it should be camel-cased like 'DateStyle' and 'IntervalStyle'
> above it, since that is how the GUC is displayed to users, e.g. as the
> column name for 'SHOW timezone;'

Fixed that (you forgot to change xreflabel).  There are many other
places where this is "misspelled", but there are also many other places
where DateStyle is capitalized inconsistently.  It's perhaps not worth
fixing all that.

Date:
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On fre, 2012-05-04 at 17:37 -0700, Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I noticed that the 'TimeZone' GUC is displayed in all-lowercase at:
>>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/runtime-config-client.html
>>
>> when it should be camel-cased like 'DateStyle' and 'IntervalStyle'
>> above it, since that is how the GUC is displayed to users, e.g. as the
>> column name for 'SHOW timezone;'
>
> Fixed that (you forgot to change xreflabel).  There are many other
> places where this is "misspelled", but there are also many other places
> where DateStyle is capitalized inconsistently.  It's perhaps not worth
> fixing all that.

Thanks. TimeZone was the only mis-capitalized GUC <varname> which I
noticed while going through config.sgml, which is why I picked on it,
but I could easily have missed a few.

Josh