Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

Date:
Alexey Klyukin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A typo:
> ("a write to any server has to be _propogated_")
> s/propogated/propagated

Thanks, fixed.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bruce,

> > >     ftp://momjian.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/replication

I'm still not seeing anything in this patch that tells users where they can
get replication solutions for PostgreSQL, either OSS or commercial.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,

> I'm still not seeing anything in this patch that tells users where they can
> get replication solutions for PostgreSQL, either OSS or commercial.

It isn't designed for that.  It is designed for people to understand
what they want, and then they can look around for solutions.  I think
most agree we don't want a list of solutions in the documentation,
though I have a few as examples.  Also, some of the solutions don't
require software, but just configuration or special hardware.

--

Date:
Bruce,

> It isn't designed for that.  It is designed for people to understand
> what they want, and then they can look around for solutions.  I think
> most agree we don't want a list of solutions in the documentation,
> though I have a few as examples.

Do they?   I've seen no discussion of the matter.  I think we should have
them.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > It isn't designed for that.  It is designed for people to understand
> > what they want, and then they can look around for solutions.  I think
> > most agree we don't want a list of solutions in the documentation,
> > though I have a few as examples.
>
> Do they?   I've seen no discussion of the matter.  I think we should have
> them.

Most people didn't want a list because there is no way to keep it
current in the docs, and a secondary web site was suggested for the
list.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bruce,

So, like www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs/replication?   That would work.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > Most people didn't want a list because there is no way to keep it
> > current in the docs, and a secondary web site was suggested for the
> > list.
>
> So, like www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs/replication?   That would work.

Yes.

--