During compiling sgml files, there is a error message...

From
"Heejin Mun"
Date:
Hi.

I am translating manual into Korean. But when I compile sgml files,
there are some error messages.

change to the directory doc/src/sgml and run doc/src/sgml$ gmake html.
And following message.
'there is no file or no directory such as.'

so change to the directory doc/src/ and then run gmake postgre~blah.tar.gz
and following message.
'there is no ../src/makefile.global'

...What way? It is harder to compile than to translate...

--
My Blog: http://www.siren99.co.kr

Re: During compiling sgml files, there is a error message...

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Mittwoch, 9. August 2006 17:03 schrieb Heejin Mun:
> so change to the directory doc/src/ and then run gmake postgre~blah.tar.gz
> and following message.
> 'there is no ../src/makefile.global'

You need to run configure first.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: During compiling sgml files, there is a error message...

From
"Heejin Mun"
Date:
Thanks for your response.

I did run configure and here is the content of configure.log.

Have a good day~!

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by PostgreSQL configure 8.1.4, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = siren99-desktop
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 2.6.15-26-386
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 3 02:52:00 UTC 2006

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = i686
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
hostinfo               = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/bin/X11
PATH: /usr/games

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:1405: checking build system type
configure:1423: result: i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
configure:1431: checking host system type
configure:1445: result: i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
configure:1455: checking which template to use
configure:1556: result: linux
configure:1694: checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support
configure:1725: result: no
configure:1732: checking whether NLS is wanted
configure:1766: result: no
configure:1774: checking for default port number
configure:1803: result: 5432
configure:2028: checking for gcc
configure:2044: found /usr/bin/gcc
configure:2054: result: gcc
configure:2075: checking for C compiler version
configure:2078: gcc --version </dev/null >&5
gcc (GCC) 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)

configure:2081: $? = 0
configure:2083: gcc -v </dev/null >&5
Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v
--enable-languages=c,c++,java,f95,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr
--enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls
--program-suffix=-4.0 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu
--enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-java-awt=gtk-default
--enable-gtk-cairo
--with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-4.0-1.4.2.0/jre
--enable-mpfr --disable-werror --with-tune=pentium4
--enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
configure:2086: $? = 0
configure:2088: gcc -V </dev/null >&5
gcc: '-V' option must have argument
configure:2091: $? = 1
configure:2114: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2117: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2120: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "PostgreSQL"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "postgresql"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "8.1.4"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "PostgreSQL 8.1.4"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org"
| #define PG_VERSION "8.1.4"
| #define DEF_PGPORT 5432
| #define DEF_PGPORT_STR "5432"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2159: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

ac_cv_build=i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
ac_cv_build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
ac_cv_env_CC_set=
ac_cv_env_CC_value=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPP_set=
ac_cv_env_CPP_value=
ac_cv_env_DOCBOOKSTYLE_set=
ac_cv_env_DOCBOOKSTYLE_value=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_SL_set=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_SL_value=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_value=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_value=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_value=
ac_cv_host=i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
ac_cv_host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CC=gcc

## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##

AWK=''
CC='gcc'
CFLAGS=''
COLLATEINDEX=''
CPP=''
CPPFLAGS=''
DEFS=''
DOCBOOKSTYLE=''
ECHO_C=''
ECHO_N='-n'
ECHO_T=''
EGREP=''
ELF_SYS=''
EXEEXT=''
FLEX=''
FLEXFLAGS=''
GCC=''
HAVE_IPV6=''
HAVE_POSIX_SIGNALS=''
INCLUDES=''
JADE=''
LD=''
LDFLAGS=''
LDFLAGS_SL=''
LIBOBJS=''
LIBS=''
LN_S=''
LORDER=''
LTLIBOBJS=''
MSGFMT=''
MSGMERGE=''
NSGMLS=''
OBJEXT=''
PACKAGE_BUGREPORT='pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org'
PACKAGE_NAME='PostgreSQL'
PACKAGE_STRING='PostgreSQL 8.1.4'
PACKAGE_TARNAME='postgresql'
PACKAGE_VERSION='8.1.4'
PATH_SEPARATOR=':'
PERL=''
PORTNAME='linux'
PTHREAD_CC=''
PTHREAD_CFLAGS=''
PTHREAD_LIBS=''
PYTHON=''
RANLIB=''
SGMLSPL=''
SHELL='/bin/sh'
STRIP=''
STRIP_SHARED_LIB=''
STRIP_STATIC_LIB=''
TAR=''
TAS=''
TCLSH=''
TCL_CONFIG_SH=''
TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC=''
TCL_LIBS=''
TCL_LIB_FILE=''
TCL_LIB_SPEC=''
TCL_SHARED_BUILD=''
TCL_SHLIB_LD_LIBS=''
WANTED_LANGUAGES=''
XGETTEXT=''
YACC=''
YFLAGS=''
ac_ct_CC='gcc'
ac_ct_RANLIB=''
ac_ct_STRIP=''
acx_pthread_config=''
autodepend=''
bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build='i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1'
build_alias=''
build_cpu='i686'
build_os='linux-gnulibc1'
build_vendor='pc'
configure_args=''
datadir='${prefix}/share'
default_port='5432'
docdir='${prefix}/doc'
enable_debug='no'
enable_nls='no'
enable_rpath='yes'
enable_shared='yes'
enable_thread_safety=''
exec_prefix='NONE'
have_docbook=''
host='i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1'
host_alias=''
host_cpu='i686'
host_os='linux-gnulibc1'
host_vendor='pc'
includedir='${prefix}/include'
infodir='${prefix}/info'
krb_srvtab=''
ld_R_works=''
libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'
localedir=''
localstatedir='${prefix}/var'
mandir='${prefix}/man'
oldincludedir='/usr/include'
perl_archlibexp=''
perl_embed_ldflags=''
perl_privlibexp=''
perl_useshrplib=''
prefix='NONE'
program_transform_name='s,x,x,'
python_additional_libs=''
python_configdir=''
python_includespec=''
python_libdir=''
python_libspec=''
python_version=''
sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
target_alias=''
vpath_build=''
with_bonjour=''
with_gnu_ld=''
with_krb5=''
with_openssl=''
with_pam=''
with_perl=''
with_python=''
with_tcl=''
with_zlib=''

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

#define DEF_PGPORT 5432
#define DEF_PGPORT_STR "5432"
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org"
#define PACKAGE_NAME "PostgreSQL"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "PostgreSQL 8.1.4"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "postgresql"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "8.1.4"
#define PG_VERSION "8.1.4"

configure: exit 77

--

Date:
Heejin Mun wrote:
> configure:2114: checking for C compiler default output file name
> configure:2117: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
> /usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory

You need to install libc6-dev.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: During compiling sgml files, there is a error message...

From
"Heejin Mun"
Date:
Thank you!

I installed libc6-dev.
But there is still a error message.
run '/doc/src/sgml$ gmake html'
here is  the message.
Bash: there is not 'doc/src/sgml'

So I attach log file.

Have a nice day!

Date:
Heejin Mun wrote:
> I installed libc6-dev.
> But there is still a error message.
> run '/doc/src/sgml$ gmake html'
> here is  the message.
> Bash: there is not 'doc/src/sgml'

That sounds like you are in a directory that has already been deleted.
But it's hard to tell without more context.

> So I attach log file.

I don't see anything attached.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Date:
Heejin Mun wrote:
> oops... Writing this mail, I was dozing off...:-(
> Here is attached log file!

Well, you're not going to be very successful if you don't read the
messages on the screen.  Please go back and read the installation
instructions, and then you can build the documentation.

In this particular case you are missing the readline library, btw.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: During compiling sgml files, there is a error message...

From
"Heejin Mun"
Date:
I succeed!