I'd like to translate the english manual into Korean!

From
"Heejin Mun"
Date:
Hi.
I'm a Korean.

In Korea, postgresql is not famous and not used well.There are many reason, but I think that postgresql is not used lots as a result of the absence of the manual translated into Korean.

So, I want to translate the english manual.

But I don't know how to make progress. After I translate...and then....what?
Please give me a way...

Good day!

--
My Blog: http://siren.8con.net

Re: I'd like to translate the english manual into Korean!

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
On Jul 18, 2006, at 1:23 , Heejin Mun wrote:

> So, I want to translate the english manual.

Thanks for offering to do this! I believe there's documentation on
how to translate the docs somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it.
Here are some steps that I think you'll want to do. If I'm in error,
hopefully someone else on the list can correct me.

The PostgreSQL documentation source is SGML DocBook. Details about
how to build the documentation are in the manual here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/docguide.html

The first thing you'll want to do is download the PostgreSQL source
code from CVS. You can find instructions here:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/sourcecode/

The SGML source is in doc/src/sgml/. I believe you just replace the
English with Korean. After you've translated parts of it, you can
build the documentation again (see the documentation guide above)

Hopefully this is enough to get you started.

Good luck!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re: I'd like to translate the english manual into Korean!

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Heejin Mun wrote:
> But I don't know how to make progress. After I translate...and
> then....what? Please give me a way...

Maybe there is a local user group or some other PostgreSQL-in-Korea web
site that can host it.  If not, you can host it on PgFoundry.

--
Peter Eisentraut