FAQ corrections etc.

From
Ian Barwick
Date:
attached as patch. It contains some minor corrections / clarifications. Note:

* store.pgsql.com (sec. 1.15) does not work, although it is linked from
http://www.pgsql.com/ - is it dead, or just resting?

* I've taken the liberty of removing this section:
 "There is an interesting Web page comparing PostgreSQL to
  MySQL at <A href="http://openacs.org/philosophy/why-not-mysql.html">
  http://openacs.org/philosophy/why-not-mysql.html</A>  Also, MySQL is
  is a company that distributes its products via open source, and requires
  a commercial license for close-source software, not an
  open source development community like PostgreSQL."

  as the page linked to is hopelessly outdated (May 2000)  and the
  reference to the license model is IMHO not directly relevant to
  the context (performance).

Ian Barwick

Attachment

Re: FAQ corrections etc.

Date:
Thanks.  Applied.

Ian Barwick wrote:

> attached as patch. It contains some minor corrections / clarifications. Note:
>
> * store.pgsql.com (sec. 1.15) does not work, although it is linked from
> http://www.pgsql.com/ - is it dead, or just resting?
>
> * I've taken the liberty of removing this section:
>  "There is an interesting Web page comparing PostgreSQL to
>   MySQL at <A href="http://openacs.org/philosophy/why-not-mysql.html">
>   http://openacs.org/philosophy/why-not-mysql.html</A>  Also, MySQL is
>   is a company that distributes its products via open source, and requires
>   a commercial license for close-source software, not an
>   open source development community like PostgreSQL."
>
>   as the page linked to is hopelessly outdated (May 2000)  and the
>   reference to the license model is IMHO not directly relevant to
>   the context (performance).
>
> Ian Barwick

[ Attachment, skipping... ]