runtime-config.sgml

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

What do you think of breaking this file into two pieces?   Currently it's
about 40 screens long.    I was thinking one page for all the descriptive
information (which I'm working on making longer) and one page for the
"dictionary" of GUC options.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: runtime-config.sgml

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> What do you think of breaking this file into two pieces?   Currently
> it's about 40 screens long.    I was thinking one page for all the
> descriptive information (which I'm working on making longer) and one
> page for the "dictionary" of GUC options.

We currently have a one file per chapter arrangement, and I think it
would be best if we kept that.  The more exceptions we add, the more
difficult it will be to handle.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: runtime-config.sgml

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Peter,

> We currently have a one file per chapter arrangement, and I think it
> would be best if we kept that.  The more exceptions we add, the more
> difficult it will be to handle.

Hmmm ... I'm not so concerned about the number of *files* as about the number
of *screens*.   Is there anything we can do to break up long chapters like
this?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions