Odd formatting in on-line docs

Date:
The online copies of the documentation misformat <programlisting>
constructs, indenting lines after the first.  For example at

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-LEXICAL

the three example SQL statements should all be indented the same.  Older
versions look the same, as do the "interactive" versions.  But the
developer version of the docs is fine:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-LEXICAL

I think this must be some weird interaction between the docs themselves
and the HTML wrapper that's put around them to make the online pages.
Can anyone diagnose this and fix it?

            regards, tom lane

Re: [pgsql-www] Odd formatting in on-line docs

Tom Lane wrote:
> The online copies of the documentation misformat <programlisting>
> constructs, indenting lines after the first.  For example at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-LEXICAL
>
> the three example SQL statements should all be indented the same.  Older
> versions look the same, as do the "interactive" versions.  But the
> developer version of the docs is fine:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-LEXICAL
>
> I think this must be some weird interaction between the docs themselves
> and the HTML wrapper that's put around them to make the online pages.
> Can anyone diagnose this and fix it?

Someone must have fixed it:

SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE;
UPDATE MY_TABLE SET A = 5;
INSERT INTO MY_TABLE VALUES (3, 'hi there');

It isn't indented like the developer docs, but it isn't misaligned.