Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml Makefile

Date:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> That argument seems a bit silly for HISTORY, seeing that it's generally
>> not up-to-date during beta testing.  As for INSTALL, those instructions
>> don't change fast enough to surprise beta testers, so I'm not convinced
>> about it either.

> Actually, recent releases had a current HISTORY before beta started.
> However, if they are downloading the beta tarballs, the HISTORY/INSTALL
> files are already generated.  It would only be useful for CVS pulls
> during beta though.

The other point is: how plausible is it really that someone testing CVS
pulls would not find it convenient to read these docs from the website?
They've got to have net access to do the pull in the first place.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml Makefile

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 13:16:58 -0500,
  Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> The other point is: how plausible is it really that someone testing CVS
> pulls would not find it convenient to read these docs from the website?
> They've got to have net access to do the pull in the first place.

I started using 7.4 early in the development cycle and was using the
developer doc pages fairly often. I was having trouble with jade back
then though. I can now make the html version of the documentation
and do that when I get new versions of 7.4 STABLE from CVS.