buffring in pgsql

From
"monu_indian"
Date:
Hi all
I have developed a new page buffring algo for DBMS packages I want to implement it in postgresql but I haven't any
knowlegdeof postgresql code can any1 tell me from where I should start & which docs I will have to study for that.Plz
tellme asap.

 Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets on Air Sahara Flights at Prices Lower Than Before. Just log on to
http://airsahara.indiatimes.comand Bid Now!

Re: buffring in pgsql

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Monu,

> I have developed a new page buffring algo for DBMS packages I want to
> implement it in postgresql but I haven't any knowlegde of postgresql code
> can any1 tell me from where I should start & which docs I will have to
> study for that.

Start by reading all of:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/developer.html

*after* you've done that, join the PGSQL-HACKERS list.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: buffring in pgsql

From
"scott.marlowe"
Date:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Monu,
>
> > I have developed a new page buffring algo for DBMS packages I want to
> > implement it in postgresql but I haven't any knowlegde of postgresql code
> > can any1 tell me from where I should start & which docs I will have to
> > study for that.
>
> Start by reading all of:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/developer.html
>
> *after* you've done that, join the PGSQL-HACKERS list.

Be sure and look through the archives too at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/

for anything people have done in the past relating to this.