Automatic documentation spell check

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
I've installed an automatic spell-checker for the documentation.  You can
see the results at

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/spell-check.txt

It updates every time the documentation updates.

Obviously, it's not perfect, but I've found it quite useful over time.  In
fact, you'll see a couple of genuine misspellings right in this run.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Automatic documentation spell check

Date:
> I've installed an automatic spell-checker for the documentation.  You can
> see the results at

> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/spell-check.txt

I see nothing but

(See <http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/spellcheck.html> for the
software behind this.)

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane writes:

> > I've installed an automatic spell-checker for the documentation.  You can
> > see the results at
>
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/spell-check.txt
>
> I see nothing but

Ooops, now it works.

--

Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I've installed an automatic spell-checker for the documentation.  You can
> see the results at
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/spell-check.txt
>
> It updates every time the documentation updates.
>
> Obviously, it's not perfect, but I've found it quite useful over time.  In
> fact, you'll see a couple of genuine misspellings right in this run.

Should we list this URL on the developer's page where we list the doc
builds?

Date:
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Should we list this URL on the developer's page where we list the doc
> builds?

I guess so, just don't make too many assumptions about its accuracy.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net