documentation for joins

From
MJS
Date:
Hi!
I found that there's no any suffiction documentation for joins. Are they
supported in Postgres? If so, how? How to make outter joins or natural
joins? Is the where clause the only way to join tables?

Please help me or show the place where I can get the answers.

                        MJS

Re: documentation for joins

From
Roberto Mello
Date:
On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 11:24:30PM +0200, MJS wrote:
> Hi!
> I found that there's no any suffiction documentation for joins. Are they
> supported in Postgres? If so, how? How to make outter joins or natural
> joins? Is the where clause the only way to join tables?

Sure they are. You didn't look very hard apparently.

PostgreSQL 7.2.1 User's Guide
2. Queries
2.2. Table Expressions
    2.2.1. FROM clause
    2.2.1.1. Joined Tables
    2.2.2. WHERE clause

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?queries.html

How about the reference manual? It has a whole spew on joins on the
documentation for SELECT.

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?sql-select.html

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+
  Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU - http://www.brasileiro.net/

Re: documentation for joins

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
  MJS <M.Sacha@elka.pw.edu.pl> wrote:
> Hi!
> I found that there's no any suffiction documentation for joins. Are they
> supported in Postgres? If so, how? How to make outter joins or natural
> joins? Is the where clause the only way to join tables?
>
> Please help me or show the place where I can get the answers.

Joins are documented under the 'select' command.
Outer joins have been available since version 7.1.

Re: documentation for joins

From
Hannu Krosing
Date:
On Sat, 2002-04-13 at 23:24, MJS wrote:
> Hi!
> I found that there's no any suffiction documentation for joins. Are they
> supported in Postgres? If so, how? How to make outter joins or natural
> joins? Is the where clause the only way to join tables?
>
> Please help me or show the place where I can get the answers.

Try:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?tutorial-join.html

Hannu