Commit docbook2man?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Since we're slowly nearing a release, I'm already starting to hack around
the docbook2man stuff again.  To produce acceptable results several
patches are required against the upstream release, and I'd like to have
those recorded somewhere, i.e., our CVS rep.  That way we can get a few
more people testing the man pages before release.

Should I import the original first and then commit the patches afterwards,
or should I import the patches as separate files, or is anyone keen about
vendor branches?

Re: Commit docbook2man?

Date:
Seems we could put in /src/tools.

> Since we're slowly nearing a release, I'm already starting to hack around
> the docbook2man stuff again.  To produce acceptable results several
> patches are required against the upstream release, and I'd like to have
> those recorded somewhere, i.e., our CVS rep.  That way we can get a few
> more people testing the man pages before release.
>
> Should I import the original first and then commit the patches afterwards,
> or should I import the patches as separate files, or is anyone keen about
> vendor branches?
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

Re: Commit docbook2man?

Date:
> Since we're slowly nearing a release, I'm already starting to hack around
> the docbook2man stuff again.  To produce acceptable results several
> patches are required against the upstream release, and I'd like to have
> those recorded somewhere, i.e., our CVS rep.  That way we can get a few
> more people testing the man pages before release.

> Should I import the original first and then commit the patches afterwards,
> or should I import the patches as separate files, or is anyone keen about
> vendor branches?

How big is docbook2man?  I'm unenthused about adding a large chunk of
code to our distribution that's just a copy of someone else's
distribution.

If it's only a few K of source then replicating it in our distro might
make sense ... else I'd vote for just putting the required patch diffs
into a README or some such file.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Commit docbook2man?

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> How big is docbook2man?

It is *very* small by our standards ;)

I agree that it should go into CVS so we don't lose the ability to
generate man pages.

                     - Thomas