Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken

Date:
> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > If from the mirror's page, I click on the US mirror:
> >
> >     ftp://postgresql.readysetnet.com/pub/postgresql/
> >
> > it comes right back with no change in the page.  Looks broken.
>
> I can't get on right now 'cuze it has a limit of 60 users and there
> are 60.  What exactly did you see and what did you expect to see?
> They rsynced both FTP and Web mirrors a few mins after 5 this am.
> When you see multiple flags for a mirror, the left most (when reading
> left to right, top to bottom like a book) is the mirror that rsynced
> most recently - with the exception of www.ca which is hub.  If they
> haven't rsynced within the last 48 hours of the time you bring up the
> page, the flag for that mirror is dropped from the page.

[ CC'ed to docs.]

This does help.  My problem with readyset.net is that I tried it as an
FTP mirror, and it just comes back to the original page.  I thought if
the limit was exceeded, it would display some error message.

Good to know ca. is hub.org.

My bigest problem is that I commited some changes yesterday to:

    http://www.ca.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/admin/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

and I don't see them today.  I wanted to send the URL to someone for a
comment.  I also looked for snapshot tarballs, and couldn't find
anything newer than April 8.  I just looked at the logs and it seems I
introduced some problem here:

    openjade  -D . -D ./ref -D ./../graphics -d stylesheet.dsl -i output-html -t sgml postgres.sgml
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1639:8:E: character data is not allowed here
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "LISTITEM" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1591:6: start tag was here
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "VARLISTENTRY" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1589:5: start tag was here
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "VARIABLELIST" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1587:4: start tag was here
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1647:16:E: end tag for element "LISTITEM" which is not open
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1648:19:E: end tag for element "VARLISTENTRY" which is not open
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1651:18:E: document type does not allow element "VARLISTENTRY" here; assuming missing
"VARIABLELIST"start-tag
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1828:9:E: end tag for element "PARA" which is not open
    gmake[1]: *** [postgres.html] Error 1
    gmake[1]: *** Deleting file `postgres.html'

I will get that fixed now.

Also, I like the way you have that configured.  Very nice, droping
inactive mirrors and stuff.

Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Thu, 3 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Thu, 3 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > If from the mirror's page, I click on the US mirror:
> > >
> > >     ftp://postgresql.readysetnet.com/pub/postgresql/
> > >
> > > it comes right back with no change in the page.  Looks broken.
> >
> > I can't get on right now 'cuze it has a limit of 60 users and there
> > are 60.  What exactly did you see and what did you expect to see?
> > They rsynced both FTP and Web mirrors a few mins after 5 this am.
> > When you see multiple flags for a mirror, the left most (when reading
> > left to right, top to bottom like a book) is the mirror that rsynced
> > most recently - with the exception of www.ca which is hub.  If they
> > haven't rsynced within the last 48 hours of the time you bring up the
> > page, the flag for that mirror is dropped from the page.
>
> [ CC'ed to docs.]
>
> This does help.  My problem with readyset.net is that I tried it as an
> FTP mirror, and it just comes back to the original page.  I thought if
> the limit was exceeded, it would display some error message.

I had a window pop up in netscape and tell me that the limit was 60 and
that it had 60 already on.  But explain what you mean by the original
page.  Are you going to an FTP mirror or a Web mirror?  I just now tried
it and the limit is upped to 100, but it too is exceeded.

> Good to know ca. is hub.org.
>
> My bigest problem is that I commited some changes yesterday to:
>
>     http://www.ca.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/admin/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC
>
> and I don't see them today.  I wanted to send the URL to someone for a
> comment.  I also looked for snapshot tarballs, and couldn't find
> anything newer than April 8.  I just looked at the logs and it seems I
> introduced some problem here:

Not knowing what you changed, I just looked at the two pages, hub in one
readyset in the other and they look the same...

Vince.

Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken

Date:
> > This does help.  My problem with readyset.net is that I tried it as an
> > FTP mirror, and it just comes back to the original page.  I thought if
> > the limit was exceeded, it would display some error message.
>
> I had a window pop up in netscape and tell me that the limit was 60 and
> that it had 60 already on.  But explain what you mean by the original
> page.  Are you going to an FTP mirror or a Web mirror?  I just now tried
> it and the limit is upped to 100, but it too is exceeded.

Sorry, chalk this one up to my error.  My wife and I share a Netscape
bookmark file and it popups up often saying "Reloading bookmarks", so I
configured my window manager to auto-minimize Netscape error boxes.
So, no wonder I never saw the limit exceeded message.

> > and I don't see them today.  I wanted to send the URL to someone for a
> > comment.  I also looked for snapshot tarballs, and couldn't find
> > anything newer than April 8.  I just looked at the logs and it seems I
> > introduced some problem here:
>
> Not knowing what you changed, I just looked at the two pages, hub in one
> readyset in the other and they look the same...

Another mistake I made.  Seems I broke one of the admin guide SGML
files, causing the build to fail.  I fixed it last night, and today, the
build worked and my changes are there.

Man, I am such a bungler some times.

Thanks, Vince.