Question

From
María José Peiró Simó
Date:
We are students of the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia and we have had
problems with the installation of Postgre 8.2.3

First of all, sorry about our english, but I suposse we can understand.

We installed Postgre 8.2.3 for Windows from www.postgresql.org and it ran well.
The problem began when we uninstalled that, and installed Postgis. All the
modules aparently run well, but the command window "psql to postgres" doesn't
appear.

We hope somebody could help us.

Thank you very much.

--

Re: Question

From
Carlo Florendo
Date:
María José Peiró Simó wrote:
> We are students of the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia and we have had
> problems with the installation of Postgre 8.2.3
>
> First of all, sorry about our english, but I suposse we can understand.
>
> We installed Postgre 8.2.3 for Windows from www.postgresql.org and it ran well.
> The problem began when we uninstalled that, and installed Postgis. All the
                              ^^^^^^^^^

You are *not* supposed to uninstall PostgreSQL.  The PostGIS website says
that, to install PostGIS, you have to:

Un-tar the PostGIS tar-ball in the 'contrib' directory of your PostgreSQL
source tree. You must have the PL/pgSQL prodedural language installed
before installing PostGIS.

tar xvfz postgis-1.1.0.tar.gz
cd postgis-1.1.0
./configure
make
make install
createlang plpgsql yourtestdatabase
psql -d yourtestdatabase -f lwpostgis.sql
psql -d yourtestdatabase -f spatial_ref_sys.sql

You may want to look at the PostGIS site for documentation:
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City

Re: Question

From
Carlo Florendo
Date:
María José Peiró Simó wrote:
> We are students of the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia and we have had
> problems with the installation of Postgre 8.2.3
>
> First of all, sorry about our english, but I suposse we can understand.
>
> We installed Postgre 8.2.3 for Windows from www.postgresql.org and it ran well.
> The problem began when we uninstalled that, and installed Postgis. All the