Problem with initdb

From
Windemuth Andreas
Date:
I am getting failure of initdb with "Signal 12". Below
is the full response. I do not know what this means. I
have the ipc-daemon2 running and have recently updated
my cygwin  installation. Any help is much apreciated,
even just a general explanation of what this error is.

Thanks,

Andreas

$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1
The files belonging to this database system will be
owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale
C.

fixing permissions on existing directory
/usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
10
selecting default shared_buffers... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in
/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... Signal 12

initdb: failed

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: Problem with initdb

From
Windemuth Andreas
Date:
All,

My problem was solved after rolling back
Cygwin/postgreSQL by one version. Sorry, I do not have
the version numbers handy. It seems that there is an
incompatibility in the newest cygwin release between
the ipc-daemon2 and postgreSQL, possibly because
postgresql was switched to work with cygserver instead
instead of icpdaemon and the documentation has not
been updated with new instructions.

Andreas

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Problem with initdb

From
mike g
Date:
Hello,

There is a readme included with the install that has the updated
installation instructions.

/user/share/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.4.2.README

Mike