Postgres - pg_hba.conf entry for host nof found

From
sujata gawali
Date:
I can't connect locally to the database through C code on linux version 8 platform.I invoked the postmaster using the postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data.
I tried to connect using libpq-fe library.The program compiles without giving any compilation errors.But when I try to run it it says
psql: FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 127.0.0.1, user postgres, database template1
please help.

sujata

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: Postgres - pg_hba.conf entry for host nof found

From
s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Date:
[...]
>I tried to connect using libpq-fe library.The program compiles without giving any compilation errors.But when I try to
runit it says
>psql: FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 127.0.0.1, user postgres, database template1
>please help.
[...]

Why don't you create this entry (in the file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf")? It's ususally a comment out task
(i.e.the entry is there, but is commented).

SLao

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.