question concerning dll linking

From
"SIMON Benjamin"
Date:
Hello,

I' d like to know if it is possible to create a C function (and the associated dll) that calls functions from another dll ?

For example

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION MyFunction() RETURNS INTEGER
  AS 'MyDll'
  LANGUAGE 'c';

with code for MyFunction in MyDll.dll and some others calls in MyOtherDll.dll.

Thank you for your answer.

B.S.

Re: question concerning dll linking

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
SIMON Benjamin wrote:
> I' d like to know if it is possible to create a C function (and the
> associated dll) that calls functions from another dll ?
>
> For example
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION MyFunction() RETURNS INTEGER
>   AS 'MyDll'
>   LANGUAGE 'c';
>
> with code for MyFunction in MyDll.dll and some others calls in
> MyOtherDll.dll.

Presumably would would have to link MyDll.dll against other
MyOtherDll.dll.  Or you can use the command LOAD to load arbitary DLLs
and have your code use them.

Re: question concerning dll linking

From
Milton Ríos