Windows Installer with Configuration Instructions

From
"Harley Milne"
Date:
I urgently need to a working windows installer that can successfully install and configure a version of postgresql.

It's been a frustrating experience trying to locate and use anything I have found out there.

I've tried installing a couple installers that I've located, but the server never seems to start.

I'm running Win 2k SP 4

If somebody has an installer and instructions that work, please can you send them to me.
I need to convert a 2 table Access dB to gresql and and update the tomcat app to use JDBC or OBDC to connect to the new dB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Talksure International. www.talksure.com
Steadfast, Reliable, Trustworthy!

Phone:    +01(415) 999-7163
Fax:        +01(240) 220-7359
Email:     info@talksure.com

Re: Windows Installer with Configuration Instructions

From
Jason Tishler
Date:
Harley,

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:54:03AM -0800, Harley Milne wrote:
> Any help would be appreciated.

I can only offer the following:

1. A pre-built Cygwin PostgreSQL available from any Cygwin mirror:

    http://www.cygwin.com/

2. A README explaining how to install and configure Cygwin PostgreSQL:

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.4.1.README

Jason