psql binary that does not require Cygwin

From
My Deja
Date:
Hello,

I know this may not be the right place, but I am looking for a Windows
binary of psql which I can use to connect to Postgres that doesn't
require Cygwin.

The docs state that psql can be compiled using Visual C++ which I do not
  have.

Does any one know where I can download one?

By the way is psql the only PostgreSQL utility like pg_dump, pg_create,
etcetera that can be compiled without Cygwin?

Is it possible to run the Cygwin versions outside the cygwin environment
so long as the necessary Cygwin libraries on in the PATH

Thanks

My Deja

Re: psql binary that does not require Cygwin

From
Jason Tishler
Date:
My Deja,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 04:46:42PM +0000, My Deja wrote:
> Is it possible to run the Cygwin versions outside the cygwin
> environment so long as the necessary Cygwin libraries on in the PATH

Yes.

Jason

Re: psql binary that does not require Cygwin

From
Claudio Natoli

> I know this may not be the right place, but I am looking for a Windows
> binary of psql which I can use to connect to Postgres that doesn't
> require Cygwin.

There is a link to one at the bottom of the following page:
http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html

> By the way is psql the only PostgreSQL utility like pg_dump, pg_create,
> etcetera that can be compiled without Cygwin?

Not exactly. We hope to soon have the full system available under native
Windows (ie. without Cygwin).

Cheers,
Claudio

---