PostgreSQL/Win32 sqltypes.h conflict

From
Jason Tishler
Date:
It appears PostgreSQL's sqltypes.h conflicts with the Win32 version:

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: PostgreSQL/Win32 sqltypes.h conflict

From
Seth Rubin
Date:
Maybe I'm being a little simple-minded, but would it be a good idea to
rename postgres's file to pg_sqltypes.h ?  A pg_ prefix in front of
generically-named files would probably save a lot of similar future
headaches too (and not just with win32).

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-cygwin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-cygwin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Jason Tishler
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 3:08 PM
To: Pgsql-Cygwin
Subject: [CYGWIN] PostgreSQL/Win32 sqltypes.h conflict

It appears PostgreSQL's sqltypes.h conflicts with the Win32 version:

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: PostgreSQL/Win32 sqltypes.h conflict

From
Reshat Sabiq
Date:
This can probably be handled by playing with the path too, although i'm
not sure what's the best approach.

Sincerely,
Reshat.

If you see my certificate with this message, you should be able to send me encrypted e-mail.
Please consult your e-mail client for details if you would like to do that.

Seth Rubin wrote:

>Maybe I'm being a little simple-minded, but would it be a good idea to
>rename postgres's file to pg_sqltypes.h ?  A pg_ prefix in front of
>generically-named files would probably save a lot of similar future
>headaches too (and not just with win32).

s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Date:
Jason,

[...]
>It appears PostgreSQL's sqltypes.h conflicts with the Win32 version:
>
>    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-12/msg00211.html
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to solve this problem?
[...]

As win32api libraries and headers are somehow "magic" in cygwin's case, being hardcoded in gcc's specs, the easiest way
wouldbe to alter the "--includedir" option to the configure command for the cygwin distro,  to
"--includedir=/usr/include/postgresql"or similar.

SLao