Problems starting up "ipc-daemon2"

From
"Vipul Vij"
Date:
Hi,

I am still having problems. I have followed the "README" instructions
and changed the user rights according to the instructions on the
referred Microsoft web page. BTW, the "postgres" account was not
displayed on the "Log on as a Service" UI and had to be typed in. I am
unable to login as the "postgres" user. Every time I try to logon,
"incorrect password" is printed. I am not so sure how I should be doing
this. I have tried both "ssh" and "su".

I have tried to start the ipc-daemon2 process but this fails with no
error message. Do you have any suggestions for a fool-proof setup? I am
not sure what is exactly is going on and I would really appreciate your
help as I am new to all this.

Regards,

Vipul K. Vij
+44 (0) 7866 554266 (m)

Re: Problems starting up "ipc-daemon2"

From
Jason Tishler
Date:
Vipul,

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 04:37:13PM +0100, Vipul Vij wrote:
> I am unable to login as the "postgres" user. Every time I try to
> logon, "incorrect password" is printed. I am not so sure how I should
> be doing this. I have tried both "ssh" and "su".

Is ssh set up correctly?  See my previous post regarding su.

> I have tried to start the ipc-daemon2 process but this fails with no
> error message.

If the above is really true, then I would post the problem to the
Cygwin mailing list.

> Do you have any suggestions for a fool-proof setup?

Sorry, but no.

Jason