CYGWIN+Apache+PHP+PostgreSQL

From
"Michael Morgan"
Date:
Anyone had any success building this combination?

--
Michael Morgan

Re: CYGWIN+Apache+PHP+PostgreSQL

From
s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Date:
"Michael Morgan" <mjmorgan@ufl.edu> wrote:

>Anyone had any success building this combination?

[...]
Yes.

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with
Shop@Netscape!http://shopnow.netscape.com/

Date:
"Fran Hsieh" <fran@ninecom.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can you share this solution, or teach me?
>Thx.

Actually, there's nothing to "share" (all the software is opensource an largely available on the Interne :). You can
usethe prebuilt versions for Apache and PostgreSQL. I don't know If apache maintainer provides a php module, and if it
does,whether it has pgsql support. You can compile php as a dll module for Apache, using autoconf steps. Here's the
lineI use for configure script:

./configure  --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --without-mysql --disable-xml --with-pgsql --with-dbase

[Note: I used this for php 4.1.0]

You must substitute "timezone" with "_timezone" in the file "ext/standard/datetime.c", and the compilation process will
haveno problems. The linking step consists in a line like:

apxs -c -o libphp4.dll libphp4.a /usr/local/apache/lib/libhttpd.dll

in the .libs directory from the php source tree.

Hints:
- you must know very well where your dlls and other libraries are (as the "/usr/local" above suggests, in my case they
areself build -- so "./configure" finds the postgresql support in a "well known" place); I'm not aware of the
installationlayouts the prebuilt packages might have.
- the "make install" script doesn't copy the libphp4.dll in the apache's "$libexec" path, neither adds the
LoadModule/AddModulelines; these must be done manually.
- the first hint applies to starting apache with php enabled, i.e. the libphp4.dll depends on postgres' libpq.dll;
theirpaths must be included in the $PATH variable before you do "apachectl start".

[...]

>>Anyone had any success building this combination?
>>
>[...]
>Yes.

[...]

Please keep replies on the list, so others can benefit/contribute.