pgsql php problem

Question: PostgreSQL (Cygwin) with PHP on Windows 98

Please help me! My computer is not connected to
network (it uses TCP/IP
protocol under Windows OS).

I need to use PostgreSQL with PHP.

I did the following steps:
1. install Apache server (c:\apache)
2. install PHP 4.0 (c:\php)

and install MySQL win32.exe application to work with
PHP.

I dont know this with PostgreSQL! Because PostgreSQL
needs Cygwin (am i right?), so i installed Cygwin (cca
40 MB - not full installation) with packages like
ash,bash,cygwin,..,gzip,sh-utils, .. and postgresql7.2
for cygwin.

MySQL runs perfectly with PHP in my web browser, but
not PostgreSQL. I always get message:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()
in ..."

so this means probably that apache/php is not able to
communicate with postgresql, is that right?

To configure mysql i needed to edit my.ini file and
php.ini file, but with postgresql i dont know what to
exactly configure. I allowed php_pgsql.dll extension
(and copy this dll into extension directory) and
libpq.dll, but nothing changed.

please help me ...
marek

Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
http://movies.yahoo.com/

Re: pgsql php problem

From
s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Date:
[...]

>not PostgreSQL. I always get message:
>"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()
>in ..."
>
>so this means probably that apache/php is not able to
>communicate with postgresql, is that right?

[...]

Yes, you're right. And, again, the "Call to undefined function: " comes from the fact that php_pgsql.dll doesn't find
thelibpq.dll library, where the function pg_connect() is defined. So, if you say you copied the libpq.dll in your
"extensions"directory, and it didn't work, then try copying it in your windows system directory. Try doing this with
apache/phpstopped.

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with
Shop@Netscape!http://shopnow.netscape.com/