DBD-Pg-1.01

From
"Gerrit P. Haase"
Date:
Hallo,

I tried to built DBD-Pg-1.01 with latest postgres and latest perl
on the latest cygwin dist, but it fails.  Someone has managed it?

$ make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
test.pl
OS: cygwin
DBI->data_sources .......... ok
DBI->connect ............... ok
$dbh->{Name} ............... ok
$dbh->ping ................. ok
$dbh->do ................... ok
DBI->connect(dbname=pgperltest) failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. at test.pl line 79
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. at test.pl line 79.
Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstraße 326-328

$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

From
"Patrick Henry"
Date:
I'm trying to initialize a database cluster for cygwin on a Windows 98
system per the Administrator's guide. The 'initdb' command starts out
with promise but does not progress beyond the message "Creating template1
database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1". It's just sitting there; no
message, nothing. What should I do?

Patrick

Re: $ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

From
"Gerrit P. Haase"
Date:
Hallo Patrick,

Am 2001-11-25 um 07:18 schriebst du:

> I'm trying to initialize a database cluster for cygwin on a Windows 98
> system per the Administrator's guide. The 'initdb' command starts out
> with promise but does not progress beyond the message "Creating template1
> database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1". It's just sitting there; no
> message, nothing. What should I do?

Is the IPC daemon (cygipc) running?
Details abpout setting up are in /usr/doc/Cywgin/postgresql....

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--
=^..^=